Friday, December 23, 2011

I spoke too soon :(

You know how I was bragging about how great I felt and this was such an easy pregnancy??? Well I guess I jinxed myself because that same day I went in for my check up and ended up getting put in the hospital. I got to the doc and they took my blood pressure and said that it was 152/90, definitely high, but they thought they'd try again with me lying down in a few minutes. Doc checked it again lying and it wasn't quite as high, but still considered to be too high. They brought the wheelchair down to the office and immediately wheeled me up to the high risk OB floor of the hospital.

They ended up doing blood work, a 24 hour urine collection and a sonogram to check everything. Sonogram showed everything looked good and Addy measured in at 5 pounds 4 ounces(42nd percentile) so that was a relief! After about 2 hours of being in bed my blood pressure returned to normal and was good at every reading for the rest of my time there. My blood work came back and showed no protien in the urine which, showed that it hadn't progressed into preeclampsia!We were released to go home late that night!

I am officially on bed rest and found out that once I get to 37 or 38 weeks they will induce me, since I will be full term and she should be ready! I'm not gonna lie, I am a little freaked out to know that she will be here in 2-3 weeks instead of 5!! The nursery is nowhere near finished and I won't get to be in there to put the finishing touches on it :(

I had nothing prepared for my sub yet for my maternity leave because I assumed that I would have at least two weeks to get things in order for her after the break!

I am also kinda sad that Rodney and I will be spending our last few date nights together in bed :( I was hoping to get in a few dinner/movie nights before she arrived.

Okay, I am done venting!!! I know that I could be on bed rest for much longer than 2-3 weeks, or even worse be on bed rest in the hospital!! I am thankful that Addison is still healthy and this is just a small price to pay!!

So if I make it to 37 weeks that is January 6th and if I go to 38 weeks that is January 13th(Rodney's Birthday). It will be interesting to see when they decide to induce. Rodney thinks it would be pretty cool to share his birthday, but at least a day apart seems more ideal so they could both have their own special day. Oh, and the 13th falls on a Friday, not too sure how I feel about that!!!

Well, I have plenty of time on my hands these days, so maybe I will post more than once every two months :) We shall see!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, so cool! You're gonna have a January baby! My 2nd, Elvis was a January baby. He was supposed to be born on January 8th...hence the name Elvis...it's Elvis Presley's actual birthday. But he didn't come until the 14th. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete